Converting foreign certificates

Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority

New guidelines for converting foreign certificates

23. april 2013 the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority published their new guidelines for ‘Foreign proficiency certificates for trucks, cranes and earth moving machines’.

In general:

  • The certificate must be translated into Norwegian or English.
  • The owner must fill out an Application for a permit for use of a foreign proficiency certificate and send this together with translated documentation to the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
  • The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority processes the application.
  • If the application is approved, the owner will receive a letter describing which categories of work equipment are approved.
  • The owner must always keep this letter together with their original proficiency certificate.
  • The owner will not be issued a norwegian certificate
  • A norwegian certificate will only be issued when Norwegian certified training is completed.

Interested in courses?